As of this writing 13 people are dead and another 10 are wounded at the Washington Navy Yard. Not much more is known at this time. The many law enforcement agencies are working over time to piece the puzzle of "Why?" and "Who? together.
Our hearts go out to the families of the deceased and wounded. We pray for their comfort and strength.
President Barack Obama was quick to put the gun control political spin on the tragedy as he said that the nation is “confronting yet another mass shooting” and vowed to do everything possible to put an end to such incidents.
I still have great faith in the American people and their right to keep and bear arms. If our trained and qualified military were allowed to carry weapons for their own protection, if our public servants were trained and allowed to carry, if our teachers were trained and allowed to carry, there would be fewer attacks and fewer deaths should some unstable soul decided to start shooting.
I have to wonder at the fact that our Washington Navy Yard is not better protected by armed security. I guess it's no more important than Benghazi which was also inadequately protected.
Actually, there are more deaths caused by knife wielding attackers than there are from gun wielders, not to mention that the Washington area has some of the most strict gun control laws in the nation.
I guess what I am thinking is this: Why are there more shootings in areas where gun control laws are already more strict than anywhere else? Hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving your thoughts. I appreciate your willingness to participate as we sound the depths of God's Word.