Monday, October 14, 2013

The Stone Age of American Development

I guess I was born in the stone age of American development.

I remember being taught that Federal Parks, Monuments and Lands belonged to the "We the People" that the Constitution speaks of.

Today, right here in Clark County, Nevada, two hikers were cited and fined for hiking on a trail in a Federal Park. They were not vandals. They had not started a fire without a permit. They were not harassing anyone, they were just taking a walk on what, I thought, was their land.

Has out Country become a Communist country? Have we lost all of our Constitutionally protected rights? Are we no longer a free people?

Veterans who served their Nation in battles around the globe have been denied the right to visit the war memorials that are theirs. Veteran's can't have access but immigration rally's can? I must be getting old. I just can't sort out this kind of thinking.

The Federal, State and local Governments are supposed to serve the people, not dictate to them where or when they can assemble, when they can use their parks, when they can visit their monuments, when and where, or whether, they can pray.

They are to protect and serve. This is their only legitimate duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. I appreciate your willingness to participate as we sound the depths of God's Word.