Monday, October 21, 2013

Where are the Davids?

Where are the young men who are passionate about the cause of Christ?

It seems that the only Giants that are of interest to most of them is the football team.

The devil is going about seeking whom he may devour and most don't seem to care. Football, Baseball, Soccer, or some other spectator sport has taken them captive.

I call it the spirit of voyeurism. Yes, we are a nation of watchers rather than a nation of innovators, leaders, and spiritual Christian activists.

The spirit has even invaded the Church. Even where pews are filled, most just come for the "show" only to go and watch another "show."

The Church, instead of being a social transformation center, has become a microcosm of society. The Church has always been a cross section of the community that it is in, but this is entirely a different thing. Society is changing the Church rather than the Church changing society.

Is it hopeless? I think not. I believe that the Spirit of God is going to come in convicting power like has never been experienced before. I believe that this present spiritual darkness is going to be pierced with the Light of the World. I believe that there is arising a company of young David's that will challenge the Giants of apathy, fear and doubt and run them through with the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of the Living God.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. I appreciate your willingness to participate as we sound the depths of God's Word.