Sunday, September 1, 2013

Our Purpose

God's purpose for sending Jesus was to reveal Himself and destroy the works of the devil.

Jesus purpose while on earth was to reveal the Father and bring Him glory by destroying the works of the devil.

Our purpose while on earth is to destroy the works of the devil by being who Jesus was while on earth.

The Father is revealed and glorified as we do the works Jesus did and press toward doing the greater works of which He spoke.

Matthew 10:8  (KJV) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Acts 10:38 (KJV) How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

John 14:12 (KJV)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. I appreciate your willingness to participate as we sound the depths of God's Word.